This tour highlights the University of Oxford’s relationship with contentious sources of revenue.
Learn about historic and modern wealth distribution networks within the University and engage with conversations of wealth inequality in a city experiencing a housing crisis. We ask why billionaires keep investing in the historic university, how massive philanthropic donations should be handled, and what effects such income streams have on academic freedom and political neutrality.
All our tours are led by university researchers who have completed our official Uncomfortable Oxford training programme. Our guides combine expert knowledge and performance, ensuring each tour is a fun and educational experience.
Tour recommended for teens age 14 and older.
- Saïd Business School
- Middle Fisher Row Gardens
- Nuffield College
- Archaeology Library
- Wellington Square
- Blavatnik School of Government
- Schwarzman Centre for the Humanities
Please note that tour itinerary can vary slightly depending on the discussions and guide.
Duration: 1 hour 30 mins | Age: 14+ | Tickets: £12.00
We believe in promoting equality and ensuring that all our services are fair and sensitive to the needs of all participants. Our guides undertake rigorous accessibility training and are ready to adapt content and itineraries as needed to accommodate participants of all abilities.
- All tours are wheelchair accessible, but please note some mildly uneven pavement and crowding in the city centre, especially on weekends.
- Service animals are welcome on all tours.
- Caregivers and accessibility aids are welcome to attend tours for free, with no need to register.
- The total distance walked during each tour is less than one mile. Each tour includes moments for sitting/leaning against walls, and toilets are available at certain points along the routes.
- We do not usually use amplifying audio equipment, but can arrange to do this upon request and with advance notice. Please inform your guide if any visual or hearing accommodations are needed and they will keep this in mind throughout the tour.
Please let us know of any accessibility requirements when you book.
Read our full accessibility policy.
Tickets can be cancelled or rescheduled up to 24 hours before the start of the scheduled tour.